Installing and configure Active Directory in Windows 2008 Server
Published: Thursday, 16 November 2017 16:20
Written by dedet
- Legal Software and Windows Server Security Update
- Static IP Address
- Strong Administrator's password contains combination of uppercase, lowercase, numeric, and punctuation mark.
Here are the steps:
- run server manager (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools)
- From Roles, click "add roles"
- Make sure to checked "Active Directory Domain Service"
- Click next and wait until it done.
- Click run dcpromo.exe or from cmd run dcpromo.exe then click next
- For simple configuration, uncheck "Use Advanced mode installation" and choose create a new domain in "a new forest"
- FQDN "testing.local"
- choose Forest functional level "Windows Server 2008", next
- option to install "DNS Server"
- Clik next, and wait until installation finish (auto reboot when "reboot on completion" checked)