Windows 10: entering windows repair mode
- Category: windows
- Published: Friday, 05 January 2018 15:30
- Written by dedet
- Hits: 1097
On my pc, windows 10 update often cause my PC to unstable (application error and system not responded after update).
This note, as my personal guide to enter windows repair mode.
To enter windows repair mode, do these steps:
- At window 10 login screen, hold shift button and click Power -> Restart.
- Next screen choose Troubleshoot and Advanced Options.
- There are some option to choose depend on what we want to repair:
- Command prompt (my favorite)
- Startup Setting
- Startup repair
- Then restart your windows, it will start your windows in repair mode.
For common troubleshooting do these sequence:
- sfc /scannow
- chkdsk c: /f
You may need to have handy windows update troubleshooter from micro soft site https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter