How to create a WHM user without an associated domain
- Category: whm/cpanel
- Published: Thursday, 16 November 2017 16:11
- Written by dedet
- Hits: 231
To create a user account in WHM that is not associated with a domain:
- Log in to the server as the root user via SSH.
- Create a user with the system utility with the following command:
# adduser [username]
- Set a password for the user with the following command:
# passwd [username]
- Create an entry in the resellers file with minimal permissions with the following command:
# echo "[username]:all" >> /var/cpanel/resellers
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- Navigate to Home >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges.
- Select username from the list, Click Submit.
- Apply the desired permissions to the user, Click Save.
Note: replace [username] with Linux user id / login