Connecting domain to web hosting from 2 different provider
- Category: webmaster
- Published: Saturday, 26 May 2018 10:26
- Written by dedet
- Hits: 102
I have domain registar in at Indosatm2. After my sponsor refuse to fix the server, I decided to hosting my web on web hosting. After searching web hosting, I choose masterweb for web hosting.
The problem arrise how to connect my domain to web hosting. After searching some information, here is how I do that.
- At web hosting, find out name server for your web hosting. If you can not find them, issue ticket to ask name server for your web hosting.
- Login into your domain registar.
- Go to Manage your domain for example garasiku.web.id.
- Select "Name Server" and use "Use custom nameservers (enter below)"
- You need at least 2 name server.
- Nameserver 1: [Nameserver_from_web_hosting]
- Nameserver 2: [Nameserver_from_web_hosting]
- Nameserver 3...etc: [optional]
- Make sure "Registar Lock" is disable to make it easy to transfer from domain registar provideer to web hosting provider.
- Go to "DNS Management" and fill Hostname, Record type "A" and IPv4 address. For eample
- Host Name: garasiku.web.id
- Record Type: A
- Address: [xx.xx.xx.xx]
- It takes time to propagate your domain about 24 hours. In my case it took about 6-8 hours. You may check using nslookup your domain points to your web hosting.